Friday, March 13, 2009

Boss-town

So instead of the Beacon Hill Bistro and war, Kwelina and I wandered through the gorgeous residential parts of Beacon Hill (reminds me of the Central West End, same cracked cobblestone, gas lamps, soft light, ivy walls) went to our favorite store in Back Bay (Louis Boston, is as well curated as any museum I've ever been to) and finally went to Joe's American for dinner, which is wood paneled and cozy and has nooks overlooking Newbury Street. I had a great chicken salad, and we walked back down Commonwealth Ave, which during the day looks like this
and at night has white Christmas lights lit up and wrapped around all the trees-it's long and has old Beaux Arts limestone townhomes running all down its sides.
Friday nights are bum nights at Harvard (although the guys above us appear to be having a major rager tonight) so I'm lounging around, and working on my application for the Columbia Publishing Course- I filled out the form part tonight and tomorrow just have to write two essays- one about why I want to work in publishing, and one paragraph about anything I want. For the one paragraph, I'm going to talk about New York City, and start with an E.B. White quote from a book of hers I love- "On any person who desires such queer prizes, New York will bestow the gift of loneliness and the gift of privacy."
Til tomorrow! xx, E

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have a chance to read your stuff again, especially knowing that you are off on great adventures soon! I'm reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that was not Southwind CEO, that was Ta.

    ReplyDelete